You are free to visit and explore our website without providing any personal information to us.
- What kind of personal data does Ronix collect about you?
- What do we do with the Personal Data we gather about you?
- What other customer-related information does Ronix collect?
- What are our Ads on other websites and what choices do you have?
- What choices do you have on how your Personal Information is used and disclosed?
- What security precautions does Ronix use to protect your personal information?
- How do you gain access to, modify, or delete your personal data?
- Third Party Services
- Cross-border Data Transfer
- Data Retention Period
- Minors using services
- Information that must be kept private
- Payment services provided by third parties
- What is Ronix’s contact information?
What kind of personal data does Ronix collect about you?
Information that identifies you as an individual or pertains to an identifiable individual is referred to as "Personal Information."
Personal Information about you may be collected by us and our service partners from a variety of sources, including:
When you sign up for a newsletter, marketing emails, or other commercial electronic messages (e.g., on upcoming promotions, new products, etc.), register an account to access the Services (e.g., to register your products, to ask for support, to participate in our contests or competitions, to inquire about product warranties), or make a purchase, or through our social media pages.
We get your Personal Information from a variety of places, including:
- publicly accessible databases like LinkedIn and the registrations of local Trade or Industrial Associations.
- Joint marketing partners, such as privately held marketing or survey/inquiry databases, when they share information with us.
- You will share certain Personal Information from your social media account with us if you connect your social media account to your Services accounts, such as your name, email address, photo, list of social media contacts, and any other information that may be or you make accessible to us when you connect your social media account to your Services account, depending on your preferences/choices.
The following categories of Personal Information are often collected by us:
- Your Full Name
- Postal address
- Contact information through email
- Date of birth Phone number
- cellular phone number
- Country, state/province, and postal/zip code
- Password and username (related to your account)
- Purchase, order, and payment information
- vocation or trade
- Levels of expertise and experience in the workplace or trade
- Information about the population (for example number of household members, country of residence, age, and gender)
- Customer satisfaction surveys, customer requests, and customer inquiries
- Purchasing patterns and other information, such as product registration, are collected.
- Hobbies and interests
- Product information that you desire, enjoy or own
When you participate in some activities on our Sites, we allow you to utilize your personal social media account on social media sites ("Personal Social Media Account") to transmit Personal Information to us. The following types of Personal Information may well be collected:
- Your given name(s) and/or nickname(s)
- Photo for your profile
- User Id for Gender Networks
- Friendship list with contact information
- Voice recordings in different languages
- Photographs and video
- Birthdate \ Education
- Work experience / profession interests / hobbies
- "Likes" or membership in an online group Country Opinions stated (e.g., when replying around the satisfaction about one of our products)
It's also feasible that we'll be able to keep collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts if you change your mind later.
In order to offer you the desired Services, we need to gather Personal Information. You can decide not to give certain requested information, but you won't be able to use some of our Service features or we may be unable to provide you with some specific Services.
- What do we do with the Personal Data we gather about you?
We use the Personal Information we gather about you to personalize your experience with us and our interactions with you, as well as to help us improve our Services. We and our service providers utilize the above-mentioned Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing the Services' operation and responding to your requests, including:
- Getting access to your registered account and setting it up.
- When you contact us via one of our online contact forms or chat lines, for example, we respond to your queries and fulfill your requests.
- Processing your order and other transactions, such as warranty and product registration, claim, or request, as well as providing associated customer support.
- To send you administrative information including updates to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to send messages to someone else if you so desire.
We will engage in these actions to manage our contractual relationship with you, and/or comply with a legal requirement, and/or take measures at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Providing you with our newsletter and/or other marketing materials, as well as allowing you to share our content on social media.
- To send you marketing and promotional emails, text messages, and postal mail with information about our services, new products, and other company news.
- To make it easier for you to use the social sharing capabilities you've chosen.
- To send emails on your behalf, such as wish lists.
With your permission, we will participate in this activity.
- Personal information is analyzed for business reports and to provide customized service.
- To gain a better understanding of you so that we can personalize your experiences when using our Services and present you with information and/or offers that are relevant to your needs.
- To have a better understanding of your preferences so that we can offer information that we feel will be relevant and interesting to you via our Services.
- To evaluate or forecast our users' preferences so that we can produce aggregated trend reports on how our digital material is utilized and conduct market research to improve our Services.
We will offer personalized services with your permission or because we have a genuine interest in doing so.
- You will be able to enter sweepstakes, competitions, and other events.
- We may invite you to enter sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities.
- Additional guidelines providing information about how we will use and disclose your Personal Information are included in some of these campaigns.
We use this data to keep track of our contractual obligations to you.
- Personal data is aggregated and/or anonymized.
- Personal Information may be aggregated and/or anonymized so that it is no longer deemed personal. We do so in order to create more data for our own purposes, which we may use and disclose for any reason.
- Getting our business goals accomplished.
- For example, to increase the efficiency of our Services through data analysis.
- For audits, to ensure that our internal systems are working properly and comply with legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, such as detecting and preventing cyberattacks or identity theft attempts.
- To develop and enhance our services and goods.
- For the purpose of improving, altering, or upgrading our present products and services.
- For example, determining which aspects of our Services are of most interest to users and detecting use tendencies.
- To make recalls easier.
- In order to handle job applications.
- For the purpose of assessing the success of our promotional campaigns so that we may tailor them to our users' requirements and interests.
- For example, recognizing which elements of our Services are of greatest interest to our users so that we may focus our energy on satisfying their needs is important for operating and developing our business activities.
We do these things to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or to protect our legitimate interests.
If you sign up for our email list, we may use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social networking and other websites) to serve targeted advertisements to you or others on those platforms, and we may provide the platform provider with a hashed version of your email address or other information for this purpose. If you do not want your information to be used for these purposes, please contact us using the details shown under "16. How can you get in touch with Ronix?" below.
- What other customer-related information does Ronix collect?
Any information that does not reveal your personal identity or that does not directly connect to an identifiable individual is referred to as "other information." The following is some further information:
- Version and kind of browser
- System software
- IP (Internet Protocol) Address (see below for further information)
- Internet service provider.
- The IP address from which you arrived at our Services and the links you used to get there
- Requested and visited web pages
- Time spent on our products and services
- Technical information regarding the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device, and how images might appear, is collected for our mobile websites and apps.
- Data on how people use the app
- Other data gathered via cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies (mentioned below)
- Demographic data and any information you submit that does not disclose your personal identifying
Your Internet Service Provider assigns an IP address to your device automatically. When a user visits the Services, an IP address, as well as the time of the visit and the page(s) accessed, may be automatically recognized and stored in our server log files. Collecting IP addresses is common practice, and many websites, apps, and other services do it automatically. IP addresses are used for a variety of functions, including calculating use levels, diagnosing server issues, and operating the Services. Your IP address may also be used to determine your approximate location (see "Location" below).
Except when we are obliged to do so by applicable law, we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. If applicable legislation requires us to regard Other Information as Personal Information, we may use and disclose it for the same purposes as we do with Personal Information as described in this Policy.
Other Information is collected in a variety of ways by us and our service suppliers, including:
Browser or Device:
Most browsers or your device collect certain information, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services (such as the Apps) you are using. This information is used to ensure that the Services are correctly functioning.
Use of the Apps:
As a result of your usage of the Apps,
We and our service providers may monitor and collect Application usage data when you download and use the Apps, such as the date and time the App on your device connects to our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
Physical Location Data:
Information about the physical location
Our Services and HTML-formatted emails include features that may necessitate the collection of various forms of location information (such as IP address, GPS coordinates, or postal code), which we subsequently use for the feature you have selected, such as:
- Store Locator & Where to Buy:
Some of our Services allow you to look for the nearest store that sells the Ronix product you desire and also see whether those local stores have any of our products in stock. If you use a mobile device to access one of our Sites and allow location-based services, location information may be gathered for these features via satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals, for example. If you're using a desktop device to access these features, you have the option of having your browser provide us with your location information based on your IP address, or you may be requested to provide us with your location information. Depending on the browser you're using and how you're connected to the internet, the specificity of the desktop device location information might vary. You may be able to stop location-based services on your mobile device settings, which will prevent our Sites from obtaining your specific mobile device location information. For instructions, we recommend consulting the help or user manual that came with your device.
When you open an email from us, your IP address is used to identify the postal code where you are situated. This enables us to personalize content for you, such as a map of local stores that sell our products. The location's specificity varies based on the device used to open our emails. You may be able to disable the download of pixel tags or pictures in emails you receive from us using your email program, which will prevent our service provider from obtaining your location information. You can also opt out of getting our emails by following the instructions below.
We may ask you to manually choose the region where you are situated or enter your zip or postal code if you do not consent to give location information or deactivate location-based services on your mobile device. You may be able to stop or restrict location-based services in your desktop or mobile device settings, which will prohibit our Services from accessing your location information. For instructions, we recommend consulting the help documentation or user manual that came with your device or browser.
Cookies are used by us and our third-party service providers. Cookies give your device a unique identity and are usually saved directly on your device by your web browser.
The following is a list of the types of information we and our third-party service providers gather through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technology:
- Our Services and advertising, as well as your interactions with them
- When you visited our site to use our services
- Things and products you've looked at, items you've added to your shopping cart, and whether or not you buy any or all of them
- Confirmation that you opened an email from us, including the time you opened it and if you clicked on any links in the email Sites you visit after visiting one of our Sites
- Preferences for languages
- Other information regarding traffic
We also collect statistical information about how the Services are used in order to improve and better transact business, understand how the Services are used, measure which parts of our Sites are most visited or used, monitor the number of visitors to our Sites, and assist us in resolving questions about the Services.
Pixel tagging and other technologies of a similar nature:
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons, web bugs, and clear GIFs) may be used to provide the Services. A pixel tag is a pixel-sized graphic picture on a webpage or in an email message that is virtually invisible. We use these technologies to track the actions of Service users (including email recipients), assess the performance of our marketing campaigns, determine which sections of our Sites are most visited or utilized, and collect statistics regarding Service usage and response rates, among other things.
Analytics from a third party:
We utilize third-party analytics providers, such as Google® Analytics, to track traffic and usage trends and to better understand how you use and engage with our Services. This service may also collect information about other websites, applications, and other services that you use.
Information obtained from social media pages:
The social media sites where we have our Social Media Pages may supply us with aggregate information and analysis on visitors to our Social Media Pages, similar to the navigational information discussed above. This enables us to better understand and evaluate our user growth, general demographic information about our Social Media Pages' users, and interaction with content on those pages.
- What are our Ads on other websites & what choices do you have?
We work with third-party advertising companies to personalize online advertising that appears on other websites and online services for you. These third-party advertising firms use technologies like cookies and pixel tags to collect information about your activities with our Services, which they put, utilize, or depend on. This information, along with information obtained from third parties and findings acquired from your access to and use of other websites or online services on any of your devices, aids us in selecting advertising to serve you and where to serve it based on your experience with our Services and other sites you visit. They also utilize these technologies, together with information about your online activities, to recognize you across several devices, such as your phone and laptop.
- What choices do you have on how your Personal Information is used and disclosed?
We provide you with options regarding the information we collect, how we communicate with you, and how we use and share your data.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailings by following the instructions included in the email. You may still get non-marketing emails, such as order/shipping confirmations, service updates, product registrations, product recalls, or customer support messages, even if you opt-out.
Text messaging/IM: You can opt out of receiving mobile text messages (e.g., SMS, MMS) and other instant messages (e.g., WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger) from us by following the opt-out instructions included in such messages.
Postal Marketing: If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from Ronix via regular postal mail, please contact us and tell us that you wish to be removed from the Ronix postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
You can configure your web browser to warn you when a cookie is received or to refuse to accept specific cookies. However, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Services if you refuse to accept cookies from our Services.
Our sharing of your Personal Information with affiliates for direct marketing reasons:
If you prefer that we stop sharing your Personal Information with our affiliates for direct marketing purposes in the future, you can opt-out of this sharing by contacting us.
We will do our best to fulfill your request(s) as quickly as possible. Please keep in mind that even if you opt out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, you may still receive important administrative notifications from us.
6. What security precautions does Ronix use to protect your personal information?
We have put in place adequate technological, administrative, and physical precautions to prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure of personal information in our possession or control.
You should be aware that data transfer and storage cannot always be guaranteed to be fully secure. Please inform us right away if you have reasons to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure.
7. How do you gain access to, modify, or delete your personal data?
If you wish to request access to, update, correct, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information previously provided to us, object to the processing of Personal Information, or receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information to transmit it to another company, please contact us. We will reply to your request in accordance with the law.
Please specify what Personal Information you want to be changed, whether you want your Personal Information removed from our database, or what restrictions you want to be placed on our use of your Personal Information in your request. We may only implement requests relating to the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request for your protection, and we may request certain Personal Information to verify the identity of the individual seeking access to their Personal Information records. We will do our best to fulfill your request as quickly as possible.
Please bear in mind that we may need to maintain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to finish any transactions you started before requesting a modification or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
8. Third-Party Services
Furthermore, we are not responsible for the policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider, or device manufacturer, with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to them.
9. Cross-border Data Transfer
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or use service providers, and by using the Services, you agree that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence. Courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may have access to your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
If you live in the European Economic Area, the European Commission has recognized several non-EEA countries as having a sufficient degree of data protection in accordance with EEA standards. We have put in place appropriate precautions, such as standard contractual terms established by the European Commission, to secure your Personal Information when it is transferred from the EEA to countries not regarded acceptable by the European Commission.
10. Data Retention Period
In light of the purpose(s) for which your information was collected and in accordance with applicable law, we keep Personal Information for as long as necessary or authorized.
The following factors are taken into account to determine our retention periods:
- The duration of our continuous connection with you and provision of the Services to you (for example, as long as you have an account with us or continue to use the Services);
- Whether we are bound by legal duty or not (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a particular length of time before deleting them)
Please be aware that if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will retain a record of your e-mail address in order to ensure that we do not send you marketing emails in the future.
11. Minors using services
Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from them.
12. Information that must be kept private
We ask that you do not send us and that you do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) via the services or otherwise. We will collect and process such information in accordance with applicable law if you choose to provide it to us or if we are asked to do so by you in the course of investigating a complaint or dispute regarding the Services.
13. Payment services provided by third parties
15. What is Ronix's contact information?
Ronix Europe Office
Zeigelturm 9, 63571, Gelnhausen, Germany
In your letter to us, please include your query or request, as well as the SBD brands and services that are relevant to your request.